Monday, January 11, 2010

Tentang Aku

So, today, I decided to log in to my Hi5 account of which I have totally forgotten about; but of course being a social website just like facebook, they're gonna send you reminders to your email reminding you that you are their customer, that you have registered yourself at their respective website and that you have an 'obligation' to log in to your account and get yourself updated with all updates. Huh.

This is what I found, under About Me section....

A simple girl trying to suit herself in this big world. Her biggest dream is to travel around the world. She likes making new friends but she is kind of choosy in making friends cos she has the difficulty to trust people. She is currently trying so hard to make her own fate. The thing that she scared the most is that she might give up and just accept everything that happen to her.

Wow!!! That was written like 5 years ago. I was at that time a very very very simple girl. I'm still a simple person though. Reading that reminds me how tough life was for me.

It's true, I like making new friends but I was very3 selective in making new friends as I faced difficulties in trusting people. I always had this bad feeling that people might hurt me emotionally and betray me. I guess some of my past lives kind of 'haunted' me and made me the person I was before.

I can tell you, that didn't feel good at all. Not to be able to trust people because of the insecurity that you have within yourself makes you feel like you are all alone in this world; despite the fact that you are actually surrounded by lovely people. It hurts, it seriously hurts. There were times where I experienced a strong state of aversive tension.

How did I keep myself sane? I found serenity through reading and studying. Those two things managed to get me out of the so-not-stable-me state at the time. Or maybe I actually ran away from reality.

Then, came another tough part, tried to create my own fate. In fact, I'm still trying to make my own fate.... and destiny.

Fate and destiny, these two words come hand in hand with each other. People say they lie in god's hands. I'm totally opposed to that.

I believe we humans determine our own fate. Our own destiny. We decide our own way of life, not leaving it blindly under god's hands. However, if we are not able to control one of it or both of it, we can at least play a part to what's happening to us throughout our everyday existence.

By saying that, and by all means, a mere thought of me giving up and just accept everything in life is frightening, like spine-chilling. For that, deciding my own fate and destiny would be an endless battle for me.

I have always wanted to travel around the world...up until now, it's still my biggest dream. The world is huge, it's so big that there are plenty of things to see, to learn, to experience. I don't wanna miss that.

I am no longer the insecure girl that I used to be five years ago. I am now a confident young woman, nevertheless still trying to suit myself in this big world with the hope that I get to decide my own fate and destiny.

How glad I am to log in to my Hi5 account...

No comments:

Post a Comment